Q&A in Rio [x]
who’s the real fan
I saw that skulls-and-tea was in need of pretty Sue Vertue gif-sets… and who wouldn’t want more Sue Vertue on their dash? Crazy people, that’s who.
OH MY G O D
“1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
4. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
5. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
6. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
7. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
8. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
9. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
10. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
11. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
13. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
14. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
15. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.” —
A self care list. I’ve been working on this. I promise it’s worth it.
"Johnlockers have taken over the fandom." Yeah, well heteronormativity has taken over the whole fucking world, so I have approximately zero sympathy for you.
My brother just told me Ben gave Martin a standing ovation can we just
isn’t it weird that John probably planned Sherlock’s funeral and Sherlock planned John’s wedding, and in that order
Imagine if both turned out to be fake. Wait..
platonic vs romantic love?
seriously they built up this huge dialog with Molly saying this is what it looks like when someone is in love with Sherlock and then they had John play out the same moments and dialog and people say there’s nothing going on.
Molly is the decoder ring get with it
The intricacies and ingenuity of this Sudoko cube of a show will be the DEATH of me.
SIMEON: Well, I am honoured this evening. The veiled detective and her fatuous accomplice.
JENNY: At your service.
SIMEON: You realise Doctor Doyle is almost certainly basing his fantastical tales on your own exploits? With a few choice alterations, of course. I doubt the readers of The Strand magazine would accept that the great detective is, in reality a woman.
(Simeon lifts Vastra’s veil to reveal that she is a Silurian.)
SIMEON: And her suspiciously intimate companion
VASTRA: I resent your implication of impropriety. We are married.
-from the 2013 christmas special
that’s literally as open as this shit can get
- Why do you think people that don’t even know you care so much about those things?
- If you have an answer to that, please let me know. I- I don’t know. [x]
Please maybe don’t spread the RIII thing until after the performance is over because people are creepy and will go there with the intention of following them home/harassing them.
*Mary’s ex gets invited to the wedding*
John: *not bothered*
*Janine walks out of Sherlocks bedroom wearing his shirt*
John: wtf the fuck